Sunday 21 January 2018

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink // First Impressions



Recently I’ve been searching for the perfect nude liquid lipstick. I have a few lipsticks that fit this category for me, particularly the Bourjois Velvet collection of Liquid Lipsticks - which I reviewed a while ago, here. But I’m always looking out to try new shades and products. Looking on instagram I stumbled across a Maybelline post about their Matte Inks un-nude range and was super interested in trying them out. Don’t be fooled by the name ‘un-nude’ because infact many of the shades fit the pinky- nude umbrella. I picked up two of these shades, priced at £9.99 each, I was lucky to grab them on a buy one get one half price deal, allowing me to try out a few of the shades. I purchased:


65- Seductress, which apparently is one of their best sellers.

75 - Amazonian, which is a darker shade and less ‘pinky’


They claim to be ‘super stay’, lasting up to 16hrs. When writing this I’ve worn the lipstick the majority of the day; this includes eating a meal and drinking water all day. The product has definitely stayed put with minimal wearing and hardly any change in the colour pay off. (Currently trialling ‘Amazonian’). This product is definitely a winner for me. I like to put on a lipstick and not worry about it for the day, hence my love for liquid lipsticks as usually they last a lot longer.  At this stage after over 5hrs of wear I feel I would only need to top up the colour if I was to be going out, somewhere which I would want a fresh face of makeup. Possibly the only criticism I have for this product is that it is slightly drying on the lips. Admittedly I generally do put on a lip balm before I start my makeup, meaning my lips are nice and moisturised. However when testing this today, I was too excited after buying that I put it straight on. But either way I have tried other liquid lipsticks, such as the NYX and Bourjois ones that feel better on the lips.
  
*update: now my second meal eaten I feel that the lipstick would need touching up if I was to leave the house etc. But this is definitely ‘super stay’ as I had to really scrub it off at the end of the day. (And oh my getting the swatches off my hand took a lot of effort!!)

*2nd update: now a day later I tried out 'Seductress', only this time I applied a lip balm before (Like a said before this is what I usually do) and so far the product isn't drying on my lips - so I'd recommend doing that at the beginning of your makeup routine. 


Shades in Review:

65 - Seductress

This colour is the shade I’ve literally been looking for! I was really happy when I first applied. The colour is similar to the classic ‘nude’ shades, having pinky tones. What I like is that the colour really does show up on your lips as well as appearing neutral - instead of like, Bourjois ‘cool brown’, that just evens out the colour on your lips but isn’t as visible (if that makes sense).

70- Amazonian
 
This colour is a dark neutral shade - with brown tones. I like this shade because it gives a bit of impact as well as in some ways still being a safe neutral shade. For me a Berry toned lipstick is the most wild I go (haha) so this is one step back from that. Typically I think I’d wear this shade on a night out, as well as during the day but only if I was wearing an eye look on the darker side. 


Overall I definitely recommend this range of Liquid Lipsticks. The staying power is amazing and they offer a good range of shades so go have a look and I’m sure you would find one for you. After trying out these two shades, I’m defiantly interested in the muted purple shade they are offering (huntress). See you next time. I’m super interested in trying out some more makeup products so I’m open to recommendations. Also what would be your favourite Liquid Lipstick?
 
-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment