Tuesday 2 January 2018

Looking Back on 2017


For me, 2017 was one of the best years. Now I should have probably uploaded this before NY but ah well I still want to reflect on a year that has been full of highlights. I turned 18, moved to University and created some really great memories with friends and family. Today's post entails some of my favourite memories, something nice to look back on in the future.




My first highlight of the year started with me turning 18 in February. I celebrated with a joint party with another friend and a few drinks with Jack (my boyfriend) and other friend on my actual birthday. I had such a fun time celebrating. 


Spring and the beginning of Summer along side working on the final year of Alevels, I enjoyed going out and about. Often my boyfriend and I would go on walks and during this took lots of photographs. During Easter a group of us also took a day trip to Bournemouth, braving the sea mid April!! Was a super fun trip, something I defiantly want to do again in 2018.


 2017 was my final year at Sixth Form. I finished off the term with my final work display for my Graphic Design and Art subjects, was a lot of effort to put up but was great to display it all. End of Sixth form also meant our leavers day and Summer Ball, another fun night.



I wrote a blog post reflecting on my summer (link here) but a few of my highlights was my trip to Devon, somewhere that really does feel like home, we were lucky to have such good weather. I also experienced my first festival (Although it was very muddy) and first plane trip to Mallorca with my Boyfriend and his family. The Summer was one to remember.


The final and probably biggest change / event of 2017 was my move to University. Was a strange and scary experience to start with but I have made lots of amazing friends and learnt a lot about living independently, including cooking ahaha!

I hope you've all had a great start to 2018, thank you for reading! Wishing you all the happiness and success for the New Year!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment