Monday 2 October 2017

September Favourites



Hi, so tonight after such a hectic freshers week ( or in my case two weeks!) I'm having a chilled evening listening to a Disney playlist on Spotify .. literally obsessed.. so I have a bit of time to write for you all. 

I cannot believe September is over, these last few months have honesty gone so quickly, but I have a pretty eventful month with moving into uni (check out my last post) so have a few favourites to talk about.

Starting with the Disney theme as I mentioned earlier I've been listing to a lot of Disney songs. This week the work load and lectures began for my course so when working I've been listening to Disney soundtracks to help me through it. Current faves have got to be the entire Moana sound track as well as the classics from Beauty and the Beast. Continuing the Disney theme last month I brought a Beauty and the Beast chip t-shirt from Primark, and honestly best £6 ever spent. It's pretty basic and doesn't scream Disney so is a tiny bit more acceptable! But it's super cute and actually a really nice quality for Primark! 

Onto more uni related things, as thats been the main event this last month. I wanted to start uni positively so picked up a planner/ diary. I actually found this super cute baby blue one from Poundland, so yes a £1! It has gold writing on the front which I found cute, even tho it is slightly wonky but we are going to look past that as it was well and truely within the student budget aha. I love the fact that each day has an entire page so I've been filling it with To Do lists, my lecture times and planning meals for the week in there. Which goes onto something that I never thought I'd say. Honestly cooking for myself was something that I was always nervous about when it came to moving into uni. But in actually fact I'm quite enjoying it at the moment. I won't lie the majority of my meals have been pasta based, but I have my cute little baby blue sauce pans and I actually like pasta which is a plus ahah! I think I love the fact that cooking is on my own time and whenever I'm hungry, which means have found myself snacking less, which is always a positive! 

Finally I'd like to mention two BarryM nail polishes. I'm currently wearing 'Almond' which is a super easy polish to pop on when you don't have much time. I found that I only need one coat which is alway a bonus and the colour is a wearable shade for all year round. The second is a shade (I think called Dusk) however I don't think this is available anymore, it was a glittery pinky silver shade. Having looked I'd say it is similar to their 'Frosted' range and their classic polish in 'Diamond'.

So there's a quick update. Since listening to Disney with writing this, I'm also adding Tangled and my ultimate fave Little Mermaid to that list of songs, lol ahah. Hope all is well and I'll be sure to write some more post when I have a spare moment from uni. It's getting the Autumn so I'm super excited to do some more seasonal posts as always! 

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment