Sunday 5 October 2014

Maybelline - Review #1



Hello,

Welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to review the Maybelline products I own.
 
 
The first product I am reviewing is "The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara". This range, I believe, has four different mascaras: Smoky Eyes, Cat Eye, Black and Black Waterproof. I own Smoky Eyes, costing £7.99. Maybelline mascaras are rated quite high by many bloggers and Youtubers, because of this when I went to buy a new mascara I had this is mind. I find this mascara does not go clumpy on my lashes and I can apply as much or as little as I need, depending on how I want my lashes to look that day. The smell of this mascara is quite strong when you are applying it, however this doesn't last long, I'm really struggling to identify the smell as it seems very familiar - if you've tried it what smell does it remind you of?!? It feels like a good quality mascara, if that makes sense, and I would recommend buying this. This is definitely one of my favourite Maybelline products. I hope to maybe try out some of the other mascaras Maybelline have to offer in the future.
 
 
 
The next product is the "Colour Tattoo" cream eye shadows. I currently own three of these: a bronze shade in 'On and on Bronze', 'Permanent Taupe' and in 'Pink-Gold' (however it seems to be called 'Eternal Pink' on the Superdrug website, unless this is a very similar colour). These retail at £4.99. (I have only photographed 'Pink-Gold' and On and on Bronze'.) I own three of the more natural shades, however Maybelline offer a range of colours to suit everyone's style. They claim to last 24hrs - I don't think they last the whole day; but they do last longer than a normal eye shadow. I find these super easy to apply and blend, and it barely feels as if you are wearing a lot of eye makeup. They are my go to eye shadow product and I find that I wear one of these almost every time I apply full eye makeup. Again like the mascara I would love to expand my collection of these.
 
 
 
I purchased the "Master Precise" liquid eyeliner for £5.99. I didn't like the last liquid eyeliner I had as I found it difficult to get a thin line as the brush applicator (don't know what to call it...haha) was too thick. Because of this I intended on buying one with a thinner brush tip. This liquid eyeliner is perfect for this, it has a 0.4mm brush tip and I find it incredibly easy to get the thin eyeliner line I had been look for. I have tried to show you the type of line it creates on the side of my hand (image above), but taking this picture proved very tricky as I tried to get a clear image to show you how thin it was, the line on my hand and the packaging while trying not to drop the eyeliner on my bed or drop the camera (oh dear...) this is something I need to improve on. Anyway as you can hopefully see the line created is perfect and I also feel that it is super easy and quick to use. This product does last the whole day. I've had it for a while now and it hasn't dried out. I am still not the best at applying eyeliner but this has made it a lot easier.
 
 
 
I have decided to split this review into two parts as I feel this is already a very long blog post; and if you're anything like me you probably get bored when reading a very long post and I don't want that to happen here. So, thank you for reading and come back next Sunday for the second half of my Maybelline Review. Goodbyeee :)
 
 
Megan
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment