Thursday 31 July 2014

DIY Phone Case

 
 
Hello,
 
It is now partway through the Summer Holidays and for me I can't always find something to do; the aim of this post is to give you a step by step guide for a easy DIY to keep you busy!  For this DIY you don't need to be arty, it is so simple and looks great. I am going to show you how to make a personal phone case that won't break the bank.
 
 
You first need to find a clear case for your device. These could either be completely clear or a 'hybrid' case - were it has colour around the edge. They can both be easily found on Amazon for less than £5. For the purpose of this tutorial I have made a case for my iPod as I already own clear cases.
 
 Your next step is to select a photo or drawing for your case. I have used a quote for mine but you could create a case with a photo of your family, favourite celebrity; you could even use your own drawn design or drawing if you are a bit more arty. You might want to measure the size of the case to make sure your photo fits. I resized mine on Microsoft Word to get it nearly the right size. Remember, you will be cutting into the photo you use.
 
 
You now need to cut your image to the right size. I suggest that you draw around your case to get the size accurate. To do this use a pencil as you can then rub out the lines if you do it wrong. You may need to trim and adjust the image so it fits nicely; just put the image into your case to see how much you need to adjust it by. After this you need to turn the image over with the case's back on top of the image. You then need to draw and cut out the holes for your camera etc. (as shown in the photo above) Again you might need to adjust these. It is very important that you turn the image over as this will make sure the holes are in the correct place.
 
 
And that's it - simple. You can now put the image into your case and put your device in. I love this as you don't need to buy a new case every time you want to have a change, all you need to do if use another image! I was very happy with the way mine worked out. This is my favourite quote from 'The Fault in our Stars'; I just found this on Google Images so credit to the person who made it!
 
This DIY was quite fun to write and photograph, I hope this is useful. If you do make your own using this tutorial do let me know :) See you next time. Enjoy the rest of the Summer Holidays, Goodbyee
 
 
Megan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment